Scouts Australia Institute of Training
The Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT) is an Enterprise Registered Training Organisation (No. 5443) and has its registered office at Level 1, 8 Help Street, Chatswood NSW 2067.
SAIT was first established as an Enterprise Registered Training Organisation in August 1996 and seeks, as its primary purpose, to enable members of Scouts Australia, who have completed the relevant components of the Youth Program or Adult Training & Development, the ability to seek, through a Recognition of Prior Learning process (RPL) externally accredited qualifications (the details of which are outlined in “scope” below).
Leveraging the learning received from participation in the Scouts Australia Youth Program or Adult Training and Development, members of Scouting in Australia can use the Scouts Australia Institute of Training to gain vocational education and training (VET) outcomes including Units of Competency, Skill Sets and Qualifications. These VET outcomes are issued in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework and SAIT complies with the current Standards for Registered Training Organisations.
SAIT is registered to offer the following Australian Qualifications:
Volunteer, Employability and Leadership Packages:
- CHC24015 Certificate II in Active Volunteering
- CHC34015 Certificate III in Active Volunteering
- CHC44015 Certificate IV in Coordination of Volunteer Programs
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
- BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Gang Show and Showtime Package:
- CUA20220 Certificate II in Creative Industries
- CUA30220 Certificate III in Community Dance, Theatre and Events
Outdoor Adventurous Activities Packages:
- SIS20419 Certificate II in Outdoor Leadership
- SIS30619 Certificate III in Outdoor Leadership
- SIS30413 Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation
- SIS40413 Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation
- SIS50310 Diploma of Outdoor Recreation
To find out more about each qualification and how to complete them in WA, contact email@example.com
The Process to complete SAIT Qualifications
SAIT can assess candidates in the qualifications specified within its scope.
It achieves this by Candidates:
- Contacting their Branch. For WA, this can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 08 6240 7711.
- The Branch will then ensure you receive your SAIT enrolment kit. As the candidate you will need to:
- Review the SAIT Candidate Information Guide which will provide you with information about the assessment process and what you can expect along with some relevant SAIT Policies.
- On the Enrolment Form, provide SAIT with your Unique Student Identifier Number (USI) from the USI Registry System: www.usi.gov.au [This is a compulsory Vocational Education and Training (VET) requirement]
- Agree to the Terms of Enrolment, which are on the Enrolment Form that will be sent from your Branch.
Venturer Scouts, Rover Scouts and Adults in Scouting having followed the required registration / enrolment process, will through the Assessment process present a suitable portfolio of evidence for assessment by a SAIT appointed Assessor. This may include completing the required ‘Candidate RPL Toolkit’ or providing other forms of evidence as discussed with your Assessor.
All SAIT appointed Assessors meet the minimum standards for appointment as defined under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations, have demonstrated competency in the Qualifications and/or Units of Competency they assess and maintain the required number of continuous education hours required to be deemed to be “currently competent”. Where they do not hold a specific Unit of Competency they have supervised the completion of the assessment by a person who does hold the relevant Unit of Competency to ensure the ‘Principles of Assessment’ and the ‘Rules of Evidence’ as defined in the Standards for Registered Training Organisations have been applied throughout the process.