Starting a New Unit
So you want to start a brand new Unit? How exciting! There are a few things you have to do first. Below is a step-by-step process of creating a new Unit - these are further explained in the Unit Starter Kit.
1) Be interested in becoming a Rover
2) Contact the WARC Chairman on firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Contact other Units in your District
4) Attend a meeting of an existing Unit
5) Find a group of friends to help start the Unit!
6) Receive and complete a G1 form - Apply to register a new section
7) Contact your Group Leader
8) Contact your District Commissioner
9) Find a Sponsor Unit
10) Find or Pursue a Rover Adviser
11) Elect a Unit Executive
12) Get some of the WARC Executive to attend an Activity
13) Attend a WARC Meeting
Another resource beneficial to new and existing Unit's alike is the Unit Development Plan - this allows you to take an in-depth look at your Unit's membership, goals, business plans and more. You can review this every 12 months, or as necessary.